How can we help you?
Helping your family flourish
Hi! I’m Violeta Parilli. I offer English/Spanish psychotherapy for new and expecting mothers, couples and families. Serving all South Florida including the areas of Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, South Miami, Brickell and Key Biscayne among others. I focus on building partner relationships and creating a happy, healthy and nurturing family environment.
I help couples reconnect and reignite the spark in their relationship. I also work with pregnant mothers and couples with babies to navigate the transition into parenthood while keeping their relationship strong.
For partners trying to maintain and improve their connection, especially amid the stress of juggling the relationship, parenting, and careers (based on Gottman and Emotional Focused Couples Therapy Methods)
For women (and couples) struggling with unexpected or difficult emotions and/or relationship issues during pregnancy and after the baby arrives
For people looking to better their family dynamic, with an emphasis on addressing each of the individual relationships that make up the family
Seminars & Groups
I am certified by The Gottman Institute to present seminars for couples on “7 Principles to Make Marriage Work” and “Bringing Baby Home”. We also offer support groups.
For appointments call (727) 666.0394
Therapy gives you new perspectives that can generate the insights needed to help you resolve issues or concerns. The idea is to help you bring out the best in yourself and shed light on anything obstructing your clarity. My goal is for us to walk through a process of discovery and healing together.
My way of healing is through working on relationships. We all live in relationships—with our family, friends, community, and even ourselves. Through relationships, we share parts of who we are, and the more harmonious our relationships, the better we relate to ourselves and the more we feel fulfilled.
My therapeutic method is based on a postmodern relational approach. That means I believe you are the expert in your own life, and that the cues to finding a solution to whatever you’re going through are in you—you just need a little help finding them. I listen to you without judgement and meet you where you are in this process. From there, my aim is to give you the tools you need to move forward in living the better life you imagined when you first came to see me.
- Registered Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- MS, Family Therapy; Nova Southeastern University
- Level 1 training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy; The Gottman Institute
- Certified in Seven Principles to Make Marriage Work; The Gottman Institute
- Certified in Bringing Baby Home; The Gottman Institute
- Certified in Perinatal Moods and Anxiety Disorders; Postpartum Support International
- Certified in Emotional Focused Therapy Method for Couples (Level 1)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Postpartum Support International
- Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Member, Zero to Three (American infant mental health association)
- AAMFT Member, Couples and Intimate Relationships Forum
- Florida Marriage and Family Therapy Network
- Member of the International Center of Excellence for Emotional Focused Therapy
How can we help you?
Get original content about healthy relationships, nurturing family environments, and more